First of all, thanks for visiting my website! The journey to become an author is exciting and full of twists, turns and dead-ends, but without readers and followers like you, I wouldn’t have made it this far…
I always wanted to write books, even before I could read one from beginning to end. I loved the weight of a book. I loved the word book. I couldn’t get enough of the smell of a new book. I treasured books I hadn’t even read. Then I became an adult… and realised those stories were more important to me than they had ever been before. They helped me, healed me and motivated me. I couldn’t live without the words and characters so many authors had put into the world. They were and are like an ever present voice inside my head.
Having collected a secret portfolio of scraggy bits of paper with ideas and half finished stories throughout my teen years, I decided to study Creative Writing and Drama at University. Then I decided to qualify as a teacher. FINALLY, I decided to write my first book… and so my lifelong obsession with books and stories and writing became not only a hobby, but a passion, a calling, a dream and my ambition. I wanted to write stories. I wanted to see my name on the front cover of a book. I wanted to see my own book on a bookstore shelf.
In 2016 I was lucky enough to find Oftomes, who took an interest in ‘Saving Death’ and published it in 2018. It was a lot of fun and I was lucky enough to work with a fantastic team of editors, designers and publishers which gave me my first taste of author-life. However, unfortunately, despite the positive reviews, I was unable to have the second instalment published with them as Oftomes shut down.
So here I am… one book in hand and another two in the works. So join me on my journey to become an author. Scream with me, cry with me and (hopefully) celebrate with me.
~ RANDOM FUN FACTS ~
- I love liquorice tea.
- I believe in ghosts but I’m not sure they are people that have passed. (I’m also convinced I grew up in a haunted house.)
- I like to listen to white noise when I write difficult scenes or when I read.
- Small inconsistent noises drive me MAD!
- I don’t like boiled sweets because I think they’re too big for my mouth.
- I sometimes wonder what trees have seen in their lifetimes.
- It’s totally ok to eat cake for breakfast on your birthday.
- I LOVE the darkness in the countryside.
- I think I have a strange voice and people often ask me where I grew up, only to be disappointed by my answer.
- I once covered myself in olive oil and rotten eggs for a play in underground tunnels.
- I don’t like roller coasters but I have done a skydive and bungee jump!
~ Favourite QuoteS ~
“Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.” – Oscar Wilde.
“Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live inside us and sometimes they win.” – Stephen King.
“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore (or J.K.Rowling if you’re feeling sensible!)